The three NJC unions (GMB Unison and Unite) have tabled their pay claim for local government services (‘Green Book’) employees for the 2022/23 pay award with an implementation date of 1 April 2022.
The claim seeks:
- A substantial increase with a minimum of £2,000 or the current rate of Retail Price Index (RPI) – whichever is greater – on all spinal column points
- a COVID-19 recognition payment;
- a national minimum agreement on homeworking policies for all councils and the introduction of a home working allowance;
- an urgent review of all mileage rates currently applying; a review and update of NJC terms for family leave and pay;
- a review of term time only contracts and consideration of retainers;
- reduction in the working week (without loss of pay) to 35 hours (34 in London) plus one additional day of annual leave.
Posted: 24th June 2022