Please see below details of this week’s announcement relating to Schools, England.
Here is some useful information for school staff:
Updated Dept of Education guidance can be found at the following link https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus/education-and-childcare
Please also find a link to Schools Coronavirus Operational Guidance from 8 march and related documents here:
Summary of education announcements across England:
Schools and colleges:
- Schools and colleges will reopen to all pupils from 8 March.
- All primary school children will return on Monday 8 March, as staff continue to take two rapid COVID-19 tests each week at home.
- All secondary school and college students will take COVID-19 tests as they return the classroom from the 8 March. Secondary schools and colleges will have discretion on how to stagger the return of their students over that week to allow them to be tested on return. After an initial programme of three tests in school or college, students will be provided with two rapid tests to use each week at home.
- Secondary school and college staff will also be provided with two tests to use each week at home.
- Protective measures across education will be strengthened. Staff and students in secondary schools and colleges are advised to wear face coverings in all areas, including classrooms, where social distancing cannot be maintained as a temporary extra measure
- University students on practical courses who need to access specialist facilities and equipment can return to in-person teaching and learning from Monday 8 March. Twice weekly testing will continue to be available for all on campus.
- For the remaining university students, the government will review, by the end of the Easter holidays, the options for timing of their return. This will take account of the latest data and will then be a key part of the wider roadmap steps. Students and institutions will be given a week’s notice ahead of any return.
Early years and childcare:
- All staff at private, voluntary and independent nurseries will have access to tests to use twice weekly at home from 22 March, building on the testing already available to maintained nursery schools and school-based nurseries.
- Childminders can continue to access community testing.
- Wraparound childcare for primary and secondary pupils will resume from 8 March where necessary to enable parents to access work, education or medical care.
Posted: 24th February 2021